Monday, March 18, 2013

God Called a Missionary

And on the 8th day, God looked down on his vineyard and said, “ I need a caretaker”. So God called a Missionary.

God said, “I need somebody willing to give up all that he has and go to a foreign land, get up at dawn, pray, teach all day in the field, pray again, teach some more, eat dinner at a member’s, and stay out late determined to teach one more discussion. So God called a Missionary.

“I need somebody with a testimony strong enough to teach with boldness, yet humble enough to follow my spirit. Somebody to know the scripture’s and unfold them with power and authority, somebody who will soften the hearts of those he meets and lead them to salvation”. So God called a Missionary.

God said, “I need somebody willing to pray all day and night for a investigator, and watch them turn away. Then dry his eye and say, Lord send me another one. I need somebody who can put off the natural man, an look upon the heart, find those who I have prepared, to do what I would have him do, to be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of this marvelous latter-day work”. So God called a missionary.

God said, “I need somebody with enough faith to call down the powers of heaven, yet gentle enough to comfort the heart of a grieving soul, who will stop to offer service to those need. It has to be somebody who’d walk tall and straight….Somebody to read, ponder, pray, teach and preach, heal and baptize, master his priesthood calling, and bring that one lost sheep back into the fold with his eye single to the glory of God.”

“Somebody who’d seal a family together with the simple truths of my gospel, who would smile and feel the spirit burn within, and then reply, with loving eyes, when his investigator says, “Yes, I will be baptized”. So God called a Missionary."




No comments:

Post a Comment