Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Musical Number


Ciao!!!

So this week has been an awesome week with everything. I had everything that a missionary wants in one week. I had miracles, I had improvements on the language,  had a crazy amount of lessons, and I had a BAPTISM! it was all really cool to be a part of and experience. This work is the Lords work and I am so humble to be a part of it. 
SO first lets talk about the baptism. it happened! it was great! Different from American ones cause we have a different faunt and stuff, but still the same wonderful ordinance and still the same spirit! I loved it! Claudia showed up one hour early just because she was so excited haha it was funny cause we were teaching a lesson before and she just showed up and had to wait in the chapel. she’s great! before the ceremony I gave a small talk on baptism, and I also gave a musical number!! haha yep! my family would be proud, I don’t want to be rude but I think I’m the best singer in my branch, and I’m not very good. haha but I sang, and it went great?? I’m not sure haha. Anziano Garcia did the baptism and then on Sunday I gave the blessing to her. it was a powerful and great experience! I will send some pictures. 


the miracles this week were also great! so first there is this man named Desmond and we met with him and his family and they are great! we invited him to church and he came! That was great but the great part was after he came up to me and he said "so how do I sign up to be a member" haha I didn’t know what to say... so we commit him to baptism this week and we hope he can stay strong and committed. The other miracle was we went to a less active lesson and she had a friend with her and so we gave her the first lesson instead, after I asked her about the book of Mormon and she said "oh I know the book of Mormon is true. I feel it is true and I have know it is true for a long time" I again didn’t know what to say haha so I asked her to be baptized and she said she wasn’t sure, so we meet again this week. But she knows its true so that’s pretty much half the battle done already! I can’t wait to keep working with her! And the last miracle was this week we set a goal to have 20 lessons, and that never happens in this area, so we prayed a lot and worked really hard and we did it! In fact we had 21 lessons! Miracle! I love the mission! 



I’m not fluent yet but I’m taking steps to work harder and learn more, I will get there I know it! 

OK I love you all so much and I appreciate all the love and prayers I get! 

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment