Wednesday, May 22, 2013

"Boom. Miracle"


               
(Above: Ty's Church Building   Below: Ty's first lasagna his companion made for him)


Ciao!!! 
I hope everyone back in the states is doing well! I don’t really miss the states yet, but I’m sure I will eventually! its funny cause every American wants to come to Italy, but every Italian wants to go to California! Seriously every Italian is so excited when I tell them I’m from California! they love it or hate it... only like 2 Italians I have ran into have hated America, but oh well haha! America rocks, but I’m really starting to like Italy! so a couple crazy kind of cool things happened this week. so first of all this past Sunday. the branch president told me to prepare a little spiritual thought for this meeting we were having with the district president after, so that first of all made me a little nervous! Cause idk why but it just did, so I was preparing for that. then when I show up to church they needed a gospel principles teacher, so of course they ask me... so i did my best to fill and hour with gospel principles haha it was a fun class! so that was stressful, but the most stressful thing was sacrament, we have it third hour so some members don’t show up till that hour, but this meeting our district president was there so it was supposed to run really smooth. we had planned the talks for everyone 2 weeks before and we thought it would go smooth. turns out 2 of the speakers don’t show up... so naturally they ask me to fill this time slot haha. They would have asked my companion but he just talked like 2 weeks ago for another fill in. I couldn’t help but smile the whole time because i know they all could not understand haha it was funny but I think it was a good experience! I think that really helped me just get over the whole being perfect with the language deal... life goes on regardless. and I can still teach with the spirit anyways, so whatever! it was a super stressful day and super crazy! the next weird story i will give brief summary on is this guy we contacted in the street, he was an ok guy at first, but as we found out he turned out to be either crazy or insane... not sure still. after he wasn’t interested, he asked me to grab his nose, so naturally I obliged, don’t know why still, but after he asked me and my companion to punch him in the face! like dead serious just punch him in the face! haha he was weird... we didn’t obviously we awkwardly backed away and kinda ran, but yeah weird people everywhere. 
ok now some cool stories. I have been praying really hard to understand this language and yesterday i think they finally paid off. Yesterday I was in the middle of a lesson. and this lady, she can talk! like the last couple times I don’t even try to understand cause she talks for an hour straight. this time I was kinda the same, but then like half way through i decided to stop trying to translate it into English in my mind and just take the words in Italian and not think about it. its crazy! I can pretty much understand it all! I was so happy! like ecstatic! I felt kinda bad too cause I was smiling cause I could understand but she was talking the whole time about her life and how she has to move cause of her home and the situation she is in.. real sad. but I understood! miracle! boom! I’m still not good with everyone, but it was a nice sign of some work and what I know I can do with faith and work! the other cool story is that this week I went on my first Scambio (exchange) and it was great! I went to Pesaro, turns out other cities besides Ancona are really nice and like super Italian! haha I love Ancona, but it was cool to see a real like nice city! OK long story short we had a first lesson with this guy and it was so cool. He felt like we were answers to his prayers after his really sad story, he was crying he was so happy and sad and then i commit him to baptism! boom miracle! He’s not in my district so its kinda a bummer, but still cool! and lastly Claudia is still on for baptism and it will happen next Friday! its gonna be awesome! 
ok love you all! thanks for the prayers! i pray for you always!

TI VOGLIO BENNE!

ANZIANO MILLER


(Above: Ty's Companion Anziano Garcia  Below: Ty's first Scambio Companion


1 comment: