Sunday, March 23, 2014

Baby Brynlee and Good Stories

Ciao! 

I love the new baby!!!! haha it makes me happy cause she is just like Brooklynn! make sure you keep her and your baby chunky for when I get back! I like the babies chunky! so yes to answer your question, I think I’m getting all the pictures. I haven’t been getting any from Keri so maybe not all of yours. but I have seen the baby! and you just sent me 2 of the shower! so I think that’s everything important! 

Baby Brynlee
I love the story of the couch!!! haha it pretty much wraps up you and Aaron and our family shopping and buying things in general! I love Keri and CJ’s couch, so if yours is bigger... I will love it! haha now I can come sleep their for a weekend to play with baby! speaking of baby, I say bring baby to Italy haha but it is pretty far! and don’t worry if you cant make here to Italy, its expensive I hear haha so if you can Great! if not va bene! 

So cool stories here in Italy! We have a baptism this Saturday! Its a pretty cool story. About a month ago this sister and her aunt were baptized. more like 2 months ago. so the sisters taught them and they are great and really awesome members now, but they wanted to thank us the elders too so about a month ago they invited us over for dinner. So when we were over there we got to meet the family, and the sisters only speak English and Pilipino, but the brother of them were born here in Italy so they only speak Italian. So we were talking to the brothers a lot that night, they are 15 and 10 years old. After dinner we told them about the book of Mormon and invited them to church. And before this the sisters were always trying to see the brothers but they never wanted to, cause they are kinda shy with the sisters, but with us they seemed really open. So after we did the lesson and invited them to church, we didn’t think to much of it! We prayed they would. But i guess like an hour after we left, the brothers asked their mom if they could change religions if they wanted. She said yes and the following day they called us and said they wanted to be baptized. Since then they come to every English class, they come to family home evening in church and come to church every week! They are so excited to be baptized! It’s really cool to see their excitement. It made me realize again that even though i love being here in Italy and seeing the history and eating and doing all that stuff. The thing i love most of all on the mission is seeing this gospel change peoples lives and having the opportunity to help someone do baptism! I love it more than anything on my mission! Other cool small story, we recently got a new ward mission leader. And he is so great! a return missionary and so happy!  But with this new calling he told me he had a lot of fear because he cant speak Italian, but we all encouraged him to just bring his great energy and spirit to the ward and he will have success. So he has been doing that, and been leading by example. He is constantly telling us of stories and people he has met at work or on the street where he has been trying to share the gospel. He also says he has been praying for a particular family he knows and been looking for an opportunity to share the gospel with him. Finally one came when they came into his work, so he bravely asked them to meet us on Sunday. So Sunday we went to this meeting. this family just had a kid and their entire family belongs to the church. So we went through the restoration with them and had a good spirit with us the whole time. the husband seemed especially interested, but the wife did not respond to much the entire lesson. But then at the end of the lesson we asked for the wife to say the prayer, and of course she said no at first, but the family and us supported her and told her she can do it. So she finally submitted to pray. It was in her language, but me and my companion both felt a powerful spirit in her voice and prayer. It was a lengthy prayer, but seemed very heart felt. then when she finished we looked up and she was crying. It was such a tender mercy to see the spirit touch some one through prayer. She said she did not understand why she was crying, but felt something powerful in her. After the prayer, like all Phillipinos, the med us something. And the spirit and attitude of the wife had done a 180. She had a smile and was talking and happy with everyone. I know they are ready for the gospel, and I know this message will help them and in their new family!

OK sorry I didn’t write much! i have to go teach the boys pretty soon! Send more pictures! ill keep praying for you and new baby in these coming weeks! keep me updated! 

love you! 


Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment