Sunday, March 23, 2014

Ty Baptizes Mark Antony

Ciao tutti!

OK my cool stories for the week! First we had the 2 baptisms of the brothers! It was such a great day and event! I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to be apart of their conversion! Also apart of their baptism! So my companion and me baptized the brothers, each of us baptized one. I baptized the older brother Marc Antony Arojo! Sweet name I know haha. He is a very awesome kid! My comp baptized the younger brother Bryan! he as well is just so sweet sincere and just awesome! Then the next day in church the other anziani in our ward gave them the holy ghost and confirmed them! They are so happy and just have an amazing glow to them now! Its funny cause they both love to pray!! haha so every time we have a meeting in church or meet with them they both volunteer to say the prayer and give the most honest sincere prayers haha. Last night in Family home evening the younger brother prayed and thanked for everything he ate that day and everything we were about to eat and then asked God to forgive his brother because he coughed during the prayer haha it was funny but its really great to see how their relationship with their father in heaven has grown so much just even in this last month! Also they already have tons of new friends in church because they young kids all accepted them with open arms! so they love everything and are so happy! The other cool miracle from the baptism is that their mom came! Their mom is not a member, but now this year alone her daughter and her 2 sons and her niece have all been baptized!!! The father was unfortunately killed some years ago so she is alone and an amazing strong lady, so we are really hoping she was able to recognize the spirit that was at the baptism! I know with time she will see how this gospel will bless her life! But at least we know she was excited for the baptism because she cooked a ton of food for after wards to eat! haha it was so sweet! I love those kids so much and cant wait till their entire family can be sealed together! 




The other cool miracle I had this week was one that started last week! Me and my companion had 30 min before a lesson and decided to walk to a park, but unfortunately like happens often no one was interested to talk at all! haha but as we were walking to the next appointment, we saw a man on a bench a ways away and asked each other if we wanted to go talk to him, initially we said no and kept going, but as we walked away I had a strong feeling i should go back. SO to give you a seen we had just past by the guy a bit ago and he clearly saw us, then decided to go back soon after haha so it was a bit awkward but lets be honest, I don’t care about awkward! haha. We talked to him for a little bit and he was really interested! We were just happy he talked to us; we didn’t have much time so we exchanged numbers and left him with a prayer. Then this week we set up another appointment to see him! That in itself is a miracle because it never happens! But we got an appointment. So we met up with him in the same park at the same bench. We started to explain how the church of Jesus Christ has been restored today and he loved it all! But during the lesson he had to stop us and just vent on how he kept thinking about how he felt when we talked for the first time last week. He said he had this feeling of excitement and joy that he had never felt before! We explained that was the spirit talking to him and telling about the truthfulness of our message. So as we finished the lesson we asked him to pray, he had never really prayed before but did it anyways! Another miracle! when he finished we were saying our goodbyes and setting up when we can see each other again, but me and my comp could tell he had something on his mind. And as i stood up to leave he stopped me and looked me in the eyes and asked with the most sincerity I have ever heard in my life "Alla mia eta, si potrebbe entrare la vostra chiesa e farsi battezzare??" which translates to " at my age, could someone enter into your church and be baptized?" I looked him back in the eyes and said "ASSOLUTAMENTE!" haha which means absolutely! so we committed him to be baptized in the future! It was so cool to see the spirit work in me to guide me and the work in the man! I know the church is true! I know this Gospel is the true gospel for salvation! I am so thankful for this mission! 

Cool not related mission things, this week i went to a place in Switzerland called Bellinzona where there are these beautiful castles! Then the last week I went to Bellagio. Which is this beautiful area at lake Como where its a peninsula out in the middle of the lake! it is surrounded by the Swiss alps with snow caps and is definitely one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life! 















OK I love you all! I love the mission! ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment