Thursday, April 18, 2013

12 More Days in the MTC

Ciao!

I have been here in the MTC for aver a month and hence on my mission for longer than a month! its crazy. i feel like i just left home some days. I still love it though so that is good. except the food, i will vent on the food real quick, it sucks! that is all! I will be in Italy in 12 DAYS though and eating the best food in the world, so i cant complain to much i guess. Another side note, whenever elders or sister come talk to me and ask where im going and i ask where they are going, i feel bad for saying italy. I honestly think its the best mission ever, its biast yes, but seriously. Italy! its the best. i also feel bad cause i have to act happy for every other mission. dont get me wrong, i love all missions and think they are super great, but italy is the best! but everything else is really great! I love this church and this gospel. that will probably be a common theme throughout my mission, so get used to it! So whats happened this week.... not much. i count down the days untill i leave, 12 day! and i learn italian every day! the language is really good. i understand pretty much everything people say, and i cant communicate most of my thoughts as best as i can. i know its gonna be different in Italy, but thats a worry for another day. so the one really cool thing that happened this week was our Tuesday devo. so every tuesday we have someone come talk to us, and its usually good but this week my companion didnt want to go to the actual place to hear the person talk and just wanted to go to the overflow areas and watch on the TV. but i for some reason was against it, i had a gut feeling it was gonna be someone good. so we walk in super late, which is still like 20 min before i starts just late for missionary time, and there are no seats. but somehow we end up getting seats in the third row. it was great. and as soon as we sat down everyone stood up, i didnt know why, but thne i looked up and it was Richard G Scott! It was such a cool experience to hear an apostle in person! it was also just a really good talk! he talked on prayer. I love prayer, but he really made prayer such an amazing blessing and gift that we all can enjoy. cause if you think about it, its pretty awesome that we can literally talk to our father in heaven through prayer. not a life changing talk or anything, but just awesome to hear him talk. I loved it! besides that my week has been pretty uneventfull. I continue to work hard and have fun here, but i really want to go to Italy. the other kinda cool thing that happened this week was that i got ot host the new missionaries that came in yesterday. It was really awesome slash really sad to be there. cool because i remember how powerfull it was when i got here the first day, sad because i just had to sit back and watch as families and missionaries cried there eyes out as they said goodbye. made me miss my fam bam, but then i got over that! ill see them in 2 years! it will be great! Umm i wish i had more to say, but i dont... so a couple thoughts i had for the day. Firtst, i love this gospel for many reasons, one being i think we have the best deal ever with our heavenly father. Repentence! we recieve the best gift imaginable, eternal life with our families! and you would think we would have to give up the thing we love most for that, like what we love the most, but in reality we give up the thing that hinders us the most and the thing if we think about we hate the most, which is sin. we give up what hate the most and get the best thing ever... idk if that made sense, but for me it did, and its awesome! the other thing i love is simple truths! this life and even church can be so confusing if we think about it alot and get really into the doctrine, but what makes it so great and so true are simple truths. Heavenly father sent his son to earth to atone for us. Jesus Christ is our savior. Families are eternal. God and Jesus christ love us all so much and want us to return to them more than anything. I ca say all that in Italian if you were wondering... but yeah. thoughts for the day. I love you all so much! keep writing me. keep praying for me! untill next time!

Vi Voglio Benne. Ci ve diamo!

con Amore Anziano Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment