Friday, April 5, 2013

COMPLETE FAILURE



So, this is Keri. I am so embarrassed that I am writing this story, but it is that good, I had to share it.

Yesterday was Ty's P-day, so I wanted to be the best sister EVER, and attempt my first food drop off. (I thought everyone did this.. so I was going to join the ranks) I went and got Ty and sweatshirt because he forgot his. I got cups of ice with their favorite sodas, diet coke and mountain dew for this comp, candy, 2 cafe rio pork quesidillas, and chips and queso. THE WORKS!! I was so excited for him to eat a good mean... but at the same time, I was so nervous to do it. Technically, it's breaking the rules... but I just love the little brother so much, I thought I could pull it off.

In the distance... I see Ty and his companion walking out of the temple. I hurry and get the bags ready.. the whole time in my head I was thinking I should have got better bags to hide the food, but I was in crunch time, cafe rio was taking too long to make the food... I had to zip to the parking lot; the meeting place. I snuck a quick hug and a picture with the boys holding their food. They were SO EXCITED!!! I asked if they thought they could pull it off.. if they wanted a back pack or something.. but they laughed and said they had it. I was SOOOO NERVOUS!!! I waited in the parking lot like 5 minutes, so when I drove to the light, I could see if they got through security. As I was coming up the red signal light, I saw two innocent boys stopped at security. The guard wouldn't let them though. Granted, they didn't really disguise the HUGE cafe rio bags very well... My heart is racing. I am on the phone with my sister Toni, freaking out. They pulled me over... then I see the two boys walk over with the security guard, a walk of shame, to my car and they had to put the food in my car and walk away. I FAILED!!!! I asked in the nicest way possible if the guard would let it happen just this once. They hold up a tight shift there.. and it wasn't happening. He told my I was lucky that he was letting Ty take the sweatshirt in.. but the food was a no go! I was so mad!! I said I love you... I am so sorry. Family love doesn't trump MTC rules. I know down the road, we will laugh about it. I was just stressing I got them in so much trouble... that and my investment on cafe rio... DOWN THE DRAIN!! (not really, I just gave it to my nephews.. and they were loving it. With each bite they took... my inside was so sad that Ty and his companion had it in their hands... SO CLOSE.

For HOURS.... I was a huge stress case. I know it isnt THAT BIG OF A DEAL.. but I am such a chicken, and I dont break rules often. Rules are for a reason...haha. Today I tried to make up for it and sent him doughnuts, candy, and soda to make up for it. I sent him like three dearelder.com letters already saying how sorry I was... that I will stick to the rules now. But hey, I tried.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I think it's crazy they have sercurity guards now at the MTC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the thought that counts!! You're such a good sister!

    ReplyDelete